Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 2011 NIA Student of the Month- Lea Cyr


March Nia Student Spotlight
Getting to know Lea Cyr

What do you love about NIA?

What I love most about NIA is the camaraderie of dancing the same dance, together. I love to squint my eyes and look in the reflection and not know, or care, which one of those beautiful dancing women is me!

What Brings You Joy?
I experience myself as an artist, inventor and archivist. I spend my days making things. I work as an artist, deisgner, and organizer for my own business, Design for Use. I love space and creating ease and methods that work so that home feels like home and life as it is lived can support our broader desires. Artistically, I focus on accessibility which I translate into public art and affordable art.

What would you like us to know about yourself?
I am a mother to a 16 year old son.....Graceson....who at 6'2" refers to me as the "shrinking person". He is a joy and I love being his mother!

No comments: