Sunday, October 2, 2011

July 2011 NIA Student of the Month- Bess Welden


July Nia Student Spotlight
Getting to know Bess Welden

What do you love about NIA?
I took my first ever NIA class last October and started to dance regularly in January, so I am a new member of the community. What I love about NIA is how I can lose myself in the movement and music. I have tapped into a freedom and exhilarating joy in movement that I had somehow forgotten about but experienced frequently as a kid. Even in these short six month I can feel how NIA is helping reshape my relationship to my body not just physically but also by connecting me on an energetic level.

What brings you joy?
Other sources of deep joy for me are creating theater and partnering with my husband to raise our astonishingly wonderful children.

What would you like us to know about yourself?
I am an actor, writer, director and teacher and am currently involved in two summer theater projects. I am directing a cast of 11 young actors in A Midsummer Night's Dream for the Freeport Shakespeare Festival, which will run August 6 & 7 at the Maine Coastal Botanical Gardens and August 9, 10 & 11 at LL Bean's Discovery Park in Freeport.
www.freeportshakespearefestival.org/content/shakespeare-bootcamp-2010

Then August 18-27, I will performing my one-woman comedy, The Passion of the Hausfrau(www.thehausfrauplay.com), at the brand new Freeport Factory Stage (http://www.freeportfactory.com/?page_id=41&event_id=34). Please come enjoy these two creative and entertaining events.

No comments: