Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nancy Frederick-December Dance Nia Student Spotlight

Nancy...What do you love about NIA?
Nia (and Maggie!) has been an important and integral part of my life since my first class, about over four years ago. Having spent a grueling few years with work and travel, I was aching and creaking in every conceivable moving part. The last thing I thought I could do was dance, let alone barefoot on a tile floor, no less! In my previous life, having spent hours in the gym, doing aerobics, spinning, and long distance running, I found it hard to believe that a few hours a week of pure enjoyment and fun could restore my strength, flexibility and faith in my body. Maggie's enthusiasm for Nia, authentic approach to teaching and desire to help each person discover her own body's way of moving has been truly inspiring for me.


What brings you joy? My life is filled with enjoyment on all levels. I find it in my children and grandchildren and their rich and amazing lives, in my husband of almost forty years who still never fails to surprise me, and in my work as a homeopath, which is a delicious combination of detective, naturalist and shaman. I live in a beautiful spot in the country and thoroughly enjoy finding the balance between spending time with the woods, the water and the stars, and working in my ever-expanding garden.


What would you like us to know about yourself? A few years ago, I realized the dream of starting a homeopathic school which offers programs for those interested in self-care, and also for individuals who wish to become practitioners. Baylight Homeopathy graduated it's first four-year class of practitioners in June of 2010 ! Anyone interested can find out more about classes at www.baylighthomeopathy.com. In addition, I'll be traveling to Tanzania in 2011 to bring homeopathy and attunement to AIDS patients and orphans in a clinic started by a colleague who is having remarkable results.

No comments: