Friday, January 28, 2011

Lois Curtin- January 2011 NIA Student of the Month

What do you love about NIA?
NIA has transformed my life! I began my NIA journey in 2009 following a difficult divorce from a 20 year relationship. It was a grieving year and I needed something passionate in my life just to feel alive again. My life coach suggested I check out Nia since she knew I loved to dance. I remember meeting Maggie at my first class and being struck by her beautiful energy and bright spirit. The first routine I ever danced was "sexy" and I was delighted with the bold and sassy dance moves... I was hooked. The energy I feel when I step into the room, along with all the laughter when Maggie somehow empowers us to be our silliest selves, is indescribable! My heart is filled with gratitude for being part of such an amazing dance community. I continue to be inspired by Maggie's enthusiasm and creativity.

What brings you joy?
Nature, angels, stones, cooking, slow dancing and eating good food (which is not always what I've cooked) put a smile on my face. I also have fun hanging out with my two grown sons who make me laugh and make me proud. Music changes my mood in an instant as does being silent in nature, body surfing in the beautiful Maine ocean on a warm August day, and enjoying the company of my amazing sisters and good friends. I am blessed to also be a member of another loving community, the Center for Grieving Children, whose mission is to provide loving support to grieving children and their families.

What would you like us to know about yourself?
I recently created my own business, Healing Hearts, and offer transitional life coaching to people who have experienced some form of loss in their life. My passion is to be of service to those who are trying to navigate major life transitions such as divorce, sudden or chronic medical illness, loss of a job, or the death of a loved one. My career background is rather diverse and includes medical advocacy, hospice & bereavement, peer support group facilitation, Clinical Medical Assistant and human resources/employee benefits management. Although my approach comes from an intuitive, heart-centered space, practical steps are incorporated as one moves forward to create resonance and harmony in their life. I am fortunate to share a lovely space at Union Station with Nancy Frederick and Baylight Homeopathy. If interested, I can be reached at healingheartinme@gmail.com or (207)-400-1175.

P.S. As part of another venture, I will be conducting Angel Card readings in the Spring!

No comments: