Monday, October 18, 2010

October 2010 NIA Student Spotlight - Melora Gregory


Melora...What do you love about NIA?
Having taught yoga for 18 years, and danced both in classes and 'out on the dance floor' all my 50 years, I found in Nia a great way to work up a sweat with an intention to be in unison with others yet in your own style! I love the laughter, no pressure atmosphere and the music variations, going from funk to jazz to latin to where ever. My favorite part is vocalizing with the moves something we don't do in yoga! I tell people if they have tried yoga and don't like it, to try a different teacher, for each teacher and each style they teach is different and will connect with you uniquely. My very first class with vibrant and enthusiastic Maggie, I knew she was the dance teacher for me!

What brings you joy?
I find joy in simple side by side evenings stargazing with my deep thinking daughter. I love long mountain bike rides in the woods with my big dog sniffing out the trail. I take great pleasure in being near, in or on the ocean, marveling at the powerful waves. I love to teach and practice yoga, and to dance to live music.


What would you like us to know about yourself?
My classes in yoga are just starting up for the Fall season at http://www.PortlandYogaStudio.com. Last year, I certified to teach a new body healing technique called http://www.YamunaBodyRolling.com which is like giving yourself a deep tissue massage that stimulates muscles, bones and nerve roots. I offer a class in South Portland every Tuesday evening at 6:30 that you are all welcome to try, see my website at http://www.MeloraYoga.com.

More about the NIA Student Spotlight:
Looking for my winter spotlights....is it you? If you have a story to share and would like to let the NIA community know a little more about you, answer these 3 questions and email them to me along with a picture of yourself to:
maggie@dancenia.com
1. What do you love about Nia (what have your learned about your body's way)?
2. What brings you joy?
3. What would you like us to know?


namaste, Maggie
Maggie Bokor
Certified Blue Belt Nia Instructor
www.dancenia.com
207-899-5939

No comments: